… What are Mods?
Any changes to a vehicle that stray from the original configuration. Anything done to replace stock parts have not been considered mods for this purpose.
… What is Restification?
A new term used to describe
the process of restoring and
modifying a vehicle, not
necessarily to the original
I want to have a vehicle that
performs up to MY intentions
while remaining somewhat stock
1997 FZJ80 Collectors Edition
Planned but not yet installed -
My Virtual FZJ80 Lift
- 2.5" Old Man Emu Medium Lift
- 285/75R16 (33 x 11) Firestone Destination M/T Tires
- Center Diff Lock Mod
1969 FJ40 #1 Modifications
- 4" Suspension Lift
- 33 X 12.5" BFG Mud Terrain Tires
- 15 X 8 ARE Wagon Wheel Style Rims
- Extended Rear Greasable Shackles
- Stock Length Front Greasable Shackles
- Greasable Frame Pins
- Rough Country Extended Shocks and Stabilizer
- Optima Red Top Battery
- Tube Front Bumper
- Interior Roll Bar and 3 Point Seat Belts
- Short (1979) Jump Seats
- Hi-Lift Jack
- Warn XD9000i Winch
1978 FJ40 Modifications
- 4" Suspension Lift
- 2.5" Rear Extended greasable shackles and Frame Pins
- 1.5" Front Extended greaseable shackles and Frame Pins
- Stainless Steel Soft Brake line
- 35 X 12.5" BFG Mud Terrain Tires
- 15 X 8" US Wheel Wagon Wheel Style Rims
- Rough Country Extended Shocks
- Saginaw Power Steering
- Jacobs Electronic Ignition
- Man-A-Fre Header
- Rochester Carb
1969 FJ40 "Monster" Mods
- 39.5x18x15" Super Swamper Boggers
- 15x10" rockcrawler rims. Rims are custom backspaced 2".
- Axle in the front is a 1969 FJ-40 axle with Pig Poly inners and Bobby Long Super Birfs. 3rd Member has 4.11 gears and is Lincon Loc'd. The outer disks are from a 1985 FJ-60 and have vented rotors.
- Rear axle is a 1986 Toyota Mini truck axle with 4.11 gears and lincon loc'd.
- Rear disk brakes with chevy monty carlo calipers and truck rotors.
- Brake booster is from a 1988 Pontiac Trans AM GTA, designed for 4 wheel disk brakes.
- Suspension on the front is a 4" toyota fj-40 lift spring with a Spring over axle conversion along with a shackel reversal.
- Rear suspension is Ford F-350 Springs.
- Trailmaster shocks.
- Poly bushings all around
- Engine is a stock SBC 400 with high volume oil pump.
- Carb is a stock quadrajet and the fuel pump is a high flow holley.
- HEI ignition with snorkel into the cab. Engine came out of a 78 2wd chevy truck
- New Mini starter
- New alternator
- Plugs/wires/cap/rotor are new of May 2004.
- Tranny is a SM465 with a High Performace clutch and the T case is a Chevy Part time NP 203 case.
- Tranny mounts are energy suspension.
- Drive shafts are all custom made using chevy and toyota parts.
- 14 Gal fuel cell
- Traction bars, front and rear.
- Scout power steering box and toyota mini truck colum.
- WARN 8274 Winch with in cab remote and external cord remote. 100ft of cable.
- The wiring harness redone in MAY 2004.
- Custom Bikini top.
- Neoprene seat covers.
- Seats are from a Toyota Mini Truck and tie into the roll cage.
- Ammo cans mounted in the rear and between the pass/driver seats.
- 4 point Harness’s incorporated to the cage.
- Fire Extinguisher
• LC Maxx
• Latest Photos
• Offroad Adventures
• Alz Toyz